Are you searching for after-school activities that students of different age groups can participate in? Well then, here’s an article on extracurricular activities list that can be of some help. Check it out…
When students, in high school and university, involve themselves in extracurricular activities, they tend to develop certain skills required in those fields. Working on their individual talents and interests helps them become an evolved student who not only pays attention to his/her education, but also holds an interest in other things. Apart from the extracurricular activities benefiting a student personally, they look quite interesting in their college applications. Along with educational background, these applications also stress on various other achievements.
There are hundreds of students in school and they all possess a unique quality. These extracurricular activities are something that will set you apart from the rest of them. Students should be given ample opportunities to develop other skills that will some day, help them in their brilliant futures. Keeping this in mind, we have made an extracurricular activities list in this article.
Benefits of Extracurricular Activities
There are various schools, government and private, that focus on bringing different concepts of educating students. In today’s times, a student who has only the literal knowledge isn’t enough as he/she has to compete with not just his/her peers, but the entire world. Each year, high schools and universities get international students and this makes getting ahead that much tougher.
Whether extracurricular activities are to be looked as a way to take kids one step forward or just to develop themselves as an individual is up to their parents/guardians. But nonetheless, its importance is must. Before we look at the extracurricular activities list, why don’t we go over few benefits of the same.
* Any kind of extracurricular activity a student takes part in, it reveals a great deal about who they are. It demonstrates where their interests lie and their commitment levels.
* When a student balances school and other activities together, it shows that he/she can manage time and also learn about what are his/her priorities.
* A student’s intellect and knowledge of the outside world increases due to the extracurricular activities.
* Students’ self-esteem increases, they tend to take on more responsibilities in the future, and can also help other students get involved.
* Extracurricular activities brings students together and reduces the feelings animosity. Different students from various ethnic backgrounds come together and work as a team.
List of Extracurricular Activities in School
There are various types of extracurricular activities students can get involved in. The two main categories are – academic and athletic. We have divided our extracurricular activities’ list into these two categories. Take a look.
Academic Extracurricular Activities
Field Trip Committee
Foreign Language Club
Honor Roll & Merit Roll
Industrial Art Club
Model United Nations
National Honor Society
Post Secondary Option
Red Cross Club
School Newspaper Staff
Summer Library Club
Athletic Extracurricular Activities
Cross Country Team
Field Hockey Team
Water Polo Team
Volunteer Athletic Trainer